The Town has launched a new and expanded ‘Shop Local’ campaign in partnership with the Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Georgetown Business Improvement Area and the Downtown Acton Business Improvement Area (BIA). This initiative is a key part of the Town’s Economic Recovery and Resiliency Plan (ERRP) as it continues to support the local business community managing the impacts of COVID-19. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town has taken and continues to take a number of steps to support local businesses.
The new ‘Shop Local’ campaign is comprised of several initiatives designed to help raise awareness about the importance of shopping local and increase spending at local businesses. This includes:
- ‘Explore The Hills’ Contest – a weekly scavenger hunt throughout the Town to find gift certificates placed in unique locations;
- Print and Digital Ad Campaign – showcasing local businesses, in partnership with the Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) and the Chamber of Commerce;
- Reusable ‘Shop Local’ tote bags and new window decals – to raise awareness about the importance of shopping local;
- Al Fresco in the Hills Patio Program – to continue to promote establishments with patios throughout Halton Hills; and
- Social Media Campaign – to engage business-owners and residents about their favourite local businesses and to spotlight them.
A refreshed ‘Shop Local’ campaign was previously relaunched in August 2020. This year, with the economy reopening, a more comprehensive campaign will leverage digital media, advertising and contests to further amplify the benefits of shopping local.
The Town-led elements of the ‘Shop Local’ campaign will also partner where appropriate with forthcoming ‘Shop Local’ initiatives being planned by the Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce. Watch for additional details as various ‘Shop Local’ initiatives are launched over the coming weeks.